From time to time in our Sunday messages at Cobblestone Community Church, we'll feature a Top Ten list. This one was featured during our 2008 teaching series, "Ancient:NOW." It's entitled, The Top Ten Mysteries of Life:
10. If oranges are orange, why isn’t the color yellow called “banana?”
9. How do cars know to stop malfunctioning the moment they enter the mechanic’s garage?
8. Why aren’t all financial advisors rich?
7. Why is there no other word for “synonym?”
6. How do they get Teflon to stick to the pan in the first place?
5. The Grateful Dead.
4. Why does time go by faster as you get older? Shouldn’t it do the opposite?
3. Why couldn't the kids on Scooby Doo figure out that the villain was always the person they met in passing at the beginning of each episode?
2. When it rains, why don’t sheep shrink?
And, the number one mystery of life, at least according to me, is…
1. Why is the word “abbreviation” so long?