Church of the Week: Seasongood Pavilion, Cincinnati, Ohio

This week's "church of the week" isn't a church, but the lovely Robin and I reminisced this past weekend about some of our long-ago worship experiences here. It's Seasongood Pavilion in Cincinnati's scenic Eden Park, a beautiful outdoor setting for worship.

We were at the pavilion for a Shakespeare in the Park performance, but I remember (when I was a child) Easter Sunrise Services here with Salvation Army bands occupying the stage. I think it was typically a community sunrise service, with various churches participating. Later, in our teens, Robin and I both participated in some of those sunrise services.

In addition to the pavilion, Eden Park is home to the Cincinnati Art Museum, Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, the Krohn Conservatory, Mirror Lake and the Bettman Fountain. An overlook in the park offers a striking view of the Ohio River and Kentucky banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment