Sunday Night Rejoicings

Just a few quick thoughts on another lovely day at Cobblestone Community Church:
  • God was clearly in the house today. I honestly sensed a spiritual freedom while I was still walking to The Loft from my car! We were truly on holy ground.
  • I hope our first celebration crowd are learning to worship more freely! I mentioned when I took the stage to pray for the offering that it seemed that this crowd--which is always outdistanced by the worshipers in the late celebration--was ready to give that smaller crowd a run for their money, so to speak.
  • Today's message, "Free to Receive," from Galatians 3:26-4:7, was a blast for me! From Edward VI to "God has no second-class sons" to the significance of the word "redeemed" in verse 5, and more, this message meant a lot to me.
  • It's always a joy and a privilege to pray with people in and after each celebration. And to pray with people in the atrium...and in the parking lot...even BETTER!
  • There was a great outreach team meeting this morning, before first celebration. Those folks are awesome. God, bless our efforts. We're having a free family movie nite this Saturday at The Loft, and in June a grocery cart outreach in Brookville (June 12) and a $1 Car Wash outreach (June 26) ALSO in Brookville! These will be the first times we've taken it to Brookville. Why did it take us so long?
  • People were actually DANCING in the parking lot after this morning's worship. I kid you not. Love it.
  • New folks are coming to Cobblestone in such numbers these days that I can't keep up! Gave away a handful of welcome folders myself this morning, and keep welcoming folks that have been coming for weeks! It's a good thing that there are many, but I want to know them all!
  • I'm LOVING it that people are lingering in prayer after celebrations, and that folks are hanging around, laughing, talking, celebrating, too. I'm loving seeing God build relationships between his precious ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment