Gauging Your Aging

This past weekend the lovely Robin and I had the joy of reuniting in ministry with dear friends of many years, Majors Doug and Debbie Burr, the Salvation Army's officer liaisons for the Salvation Army Student Fellowship at Asbury University in Wilmore, Kentucky.


It was such fun to spend that time with them and reminisce and re-connect.

It was also a joy to connect with the students. And a reminder of just how old we really are to connect with students who are the children of old friends, like Macaira Furman, whose parents Bill and Inger labored with us in our corps in Cincinnati roughly an eon ago:


And--going back further still--Kathryn and Kristen (below), the twin daughters of Bob Bender, who with Doug and Robin and I got into more trouble as teenagers than any of us would like to admit.


I know what you're thinking: only Doug looks old enough to have been friends with these ladies' parents. True. But as young as I may look standing with him, encountering old friends' grown-up children is a disturbing gauge of my age. Disturbing. And, did I mention disturbing?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment