Church of the Week: Chapel at Camp Paradise Valley

The lovely Robin and I worshiped yesterday, and I spoke, at the Asbury University Salvation Army Student Fellowship (SASF) Retreat at Camp Paradise Valley on the border of Kentucky and Tennessee (try saying THAT five times fast!).

It's a warm and well-equipped place of worship in a beautiful setting.

We were led in singing, very sensitively and effectively, by members of TransMission, a music group from The Salvation Army's Southern Territory.

The students and staff were receptive and responsive to my speaking all weekend, for which I am grateful. Nothing was thrown and no catcalls were issued. I spoke Sunday morning on 1 Samuel 14, a message drawn from my book, Quit Going to Church, entitled, "Quit Living in the Center of God's Will."

I'm honored to have been a part of such a great group, on such a fine weekend, in such a beautiful place.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment