Of the 101 books I read in 2011, which I listed yesterday on this blog, ten stand out from the rest as the most enjoyable and most memorable to me.
Three novels. Two memoirs. Three history. Three from Christian publishers. One classic. One audiobook (marked with an asterisk).
If you would like to know more about why a particular book is on the list, those marked with a † have been reviewed on this blog. Simply search for the title, or go to the category sidebar and click on "Book of the Week" to display all the book reviews and just scroll down until you find the one you're looking for. Also, each book's title is linked to the Amazon listing for that title, so you can learn more, read reviews, or purchase the book online.
1. One Thousand Gifts (Voskamp) †
2. Thirteen Moons (Frazier)
3. Hannah Coulter (Berry)*
4. Love Is an Orientation (Marin) †
5. The Swiss Family Robinson (Wyss)
6. Hellhound on His Trail (Sides)
7. Manhunt: The 12-Day Chase for Lincoln’s Killer (Swanson)
8. No Ordinary Time (Goodwin)
9. A Walk in the Woods (Bryson)
10. I Am a Follower (Sweet)