Church of the Week: Park Avenue UMC, Hamilton

I had the privilege of performing a wedding this weekend at Park Avenue United Methodist Church in Hamilton, Ohio.
It is a venerable old church with strong and deep roots in the community. The lovely Robin and I were so honored to partner in ministry with the Reverend Barbara Dafler, the pastor of the church, in marrying a couple of dear friends.
The church, located at 801 Park Avenue in the Highland Park neighborhood on Hamilton's west side, is warm and welcoming in architecture and in spirit. The sanctuary is striking and the acoustics very nice. They hold a 9 a.m. "traditional" service and an 11 a.m. "contemporary" worship service on Sundays.

While this was not my first time inside the church, it was my first worship experience there, and it was one I hope to remember for a long time to come.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment