10 characteristics of a good leader: (in my opinion)Go to the link above to read an expanded version of the list, in which he elaborates on each characteristic.
1. Recognizes the value in other people, so continually invests in others
2. Shares information with those in the organization.
3. Has above average character
4. Uses their influence for the good of others
5. Is skillful and competent
6. Not afraid for others to succeed (even greater than their own success)
7. Serves others expecting nothing in return.
8. Continues to learn
9. Remains accessible, approachable, and accountable to others
10. Is visionary: Thinks for the organization beyond today.
Characteristics of a Good Leader
Ron Edmondson offers the following list, which he says is not intended to compete with the biblical lists of qualifications for church leadership, but more as addressing how a good leader functions when in leadership. It's worth remembering, and repeating.