Awesome Day of Ministry

Today was an awesome day for this pastor. It started in the company of my journey group, doing our cleaning service at The Loft. What a blessing to be a part of a church and group that serves so willingly. Though I must say, today wasn't the first time I caught my friend Marge in the men's room:

But my hardworking friend Brad was an example to us all, tirelessly slaving as he did to serve God and his fellow Cobbleheads with unremitting labor, as you can clearly see:

Our cleaning duties done, Brad and I hightailed it over to the Parkview Arms apartment complex, where we joined Jim and Lacey, Dale and Karen, Sharla, John, and Janet, for the weekly door-to-door outreach, giving out milk, bread, kids' snacks, doggie treats, and smoke alarm batteries. As that was drawing to a close, I headed over to The Loft to meet folks for the noon door-to-door outreach in our neighborhoods around the Loft, handing out smoke alarm batteries to our neighbors with me, John, Brad, and (pictured below, left to right), Reva, Mike, Michelle, Scott, and Janet. It was, as you can see, a soggy, soggy day, but man, our spirits were high, and we met some great people and some were very appreciative to receive the batteries.

After that, I had a quick lunch, did some beeeeautiful pastoral visitation (beautiful for me, don't know about them!), and then headed home to work in the office for the rest of the day.

Thank you, Lord, for such a fine day. Now, let your rain fall (spiritually speaking) on your people tomorrow, as we gather to worship you in spirit and truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment