Feel With Me First

Tom Asacker, in this blog post, is talking about advertising and branding in this blog post, but I think it applies as much (if not more) to preaching in this day and age. See if you agree.
I was once asked by an executive, with regards to branding, value, consumer expectations, et al.:
"So let me get this straight. People are exposed to my business--my brand--by experiencing something or someone. And then they think about what it is they’ve sensed and decide if what I offer--our unique value proposition--is something that interests them?"
That sounds right, doesn't it? It's not. Here's how I responded:
"Well, you’re close. In fact, you’d be dead on if this were 1950. Unfortunately that’s not how people’s brains work today....
Read the rest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment