In Praise of Tech Teams, Worship Teams, and Support Teams

I'm so blessed by the church I am a part of. I'm overwhelmed by the awesome servants I serve alongside. And foremost among those are our tech teams at Cobblestone.

We have four worship celebrations on Sundays at Cobblestone, in three pretty distinct styles, starting at 8 a.m., and concluding at 8 p.m.

And for those worship celebrations, our tech teams produce three separate ProPresenter presentations. For PRIME (at 8 a.m.), that includes a countdown clock, song lyrics, responsive readings, Scripture, message slides, etc. For the 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. services, they prepare countdown clock, song lyrics, video clips, message slides, etc. And for The Third, at 7 p.m., they carry in stage props, create a countdown clock, song lyrics, videos, and slides for yet another message!

Along with that, someone runs lights and sound in each of those celebrations, using multiple configurations and many different channels and microphones and so on.

And three different worship bands plan, practice and prepare, week after week, singing different songs in different styles...

And of any of these people, I can ask practically anything, and they will move heaven and earth to make it happen, whether it involves filming a video or editing a sound clip or preparing a special musical number like Johnny and Juli Rae Cole did this morning!

And they do it all joyfully and sacrificially. Some of our volunteers spend ten or twelve hours or more at The Loft on a Sunday, in addition to weekday practice hours, and preparation time, and more.

So allow me to give thanks for such fine servants of God, who make Cobblestone what it is. They are the finest folk I've ever served with, and they give of themselves tirelessly and constantly, and only a handful know what they do and how well they do it.

So thank you, all of you! David, Suzan, Kyle, Sam, Johnny, Aaron, Guy, Johnny, Jamie, Sean, Johnny, Julie Rae, Julie, Deb, Matt, Tim, Jeremy, Nina, Andrea, Chaz, Justin, Johnny, Kevin, Aubrey, Anna, Tony, Hannah, Andrea, Keturah, Lisa, Andrew, and--did I forget a Johnny?--and even some I've neglected to mention, for which I'm so sorry, please forgive me, I know I should never have started mentioning names.

But thank you. A million times, thank you. My life, worship, and service is blessed immeasurably by you all.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment