The First (Scots) Presbyterian Church, on the corner of Meeting and Tradd Streets, is one of many venerable churches in Charleston, South Carolina. The first congregation was made up of twelve Scottish families who left the Independent Church of Charles Towne in 1731. The present church, built in 1813, features the Scottish Seal etched in stained-glass over the main entrance.
Symbols of its Scottish affiliation can be seen throughout the structure, with the seal of the Church of Scotland in the stained glass windows and the thistle, the symbol of Scotland, in the wrought iron grilles.
Like many other buildings in Charleston, the church was damaged by the 1886 earthquake, as well as a hurricane the year before. First Scots Presbyterian is one of more than 1400 historically significant buildings within the Charleston Old and Historic District. It remains a fully functioning church today (see their website here).