Church of the Week: McGonigle-Millville U.M. Church, McGonigle, OH

So many lovely churches dot the highways and byways of this world that have beautiful stories to tell and wonderful people to meet if we could only stop in and "set a spell," as Andy Griffith might have said. One of those, I'm convinced, is the McGonigle-Millville United Methodist Church at 2370 Lanes Mill Road in McGonigle, a stone's throw south of Oxford, Ohio.
I was there just over a week ago to officiate a wedding for some dear friends, and so entered the tidy sanctuary of this fine church, just one block off the well-traveled US 27 highway between Millville and Oxford.
I had visited this church once before, but that was for a rummage sale, so I only got as far as the fellowship hall (above). This time, of course, I got to familiarize myself with the sanctuary and kitchen and grounds, which are all very nicely kept (in fact, when I arrived early on Saturday for the wedding--which came off with a hitch (see what I did there?)--someone was there pulling weeds and seeing to the gardens around the church. I also picked up a bulletin from the previous Sunday, which I often do when being nosey--er, visiting a church, and so got to see the lovingly planned order of worship, including the ringing of the church bell, which I would love.

The flock at McGonigle-Millville U.M. Church is led by Pastor Chris Trumbull and is part of the Ohio River Valley District of the United Methodist Church's West Ohio Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment