Church of the Week: The Salvation Army Mat-Su Corps, Palmer, AK

On my recent visit with my wife, the lovely Robin, to Alaska, I had the opportunity to visit the Mat-Su Valley Corps (church and service center) of The Salvation Army in Palmer, Alaska.  
Unfortunately, I wasn't there for a Sunday service. However, while there for a Men's Breakfast that was part of a Family Camp weekend at the nearby King's Lake Camp, I stepped into the chapel and snapped the photo above.  
I also stepped to the rear of the building and took a photo of the tidy vegetable garden that supplies some of the Army's efforts in the area. Loved it. And I got to see the future site of the Mat-Su Valley Corps as well, where they hope and plan to build on a spacious level lot adjacent to The Salvation Army's King's Lake Camp.

The Mat-Su Valley Corps is currently located at 209 W. Evergreen in Palmer, Alaska, under the leadership of Captains Jeff and Michelle Josephson.

No comments:

Post a Comment