Happy Fifth Anniversary!

Congratulations to the Desperate Pastor blog, which today marks its fifth anniversary!


The first post in Desperate Pastor history appeared on April 25, 2009. It was titled, "The Beauty of Broken Things." Since then, more than 1,300 posts have appeared in this humble little corner of the internet.

It's amazing how much ground we've covered in those five years, and how much can change (and has)! In that short timespan I've gone from struggle to victory, from discouragement to depression to deliverance, from pastoring full-time back to writing full-time (though I suppose I will always be a pastor at heart).

So, to celebrate, let me offer, based on a thoroughly scientific formula of traffic, reader response, and my own personal preferences, ten of the top Desperate Pastor posts in the first five years:

1. Sense-ational Preaching

2. Balancing Ministry and Family

3. Boundaries for Pastors

4. Why Every Pastor Should Go to Israel

5. How I Got My Groove Back

6. My Single Most Effective Office Organization Tool

7. Top Ten Things I've Learned as a Pastor

8. Why I Value Female Ministry and Leadership

9. A 21st Century Epidemic

10. Me and My Prayer Journal

Of course, I could list many more: many book reviews have been among my favorites. I love "The Pastor's Desk" recurring feature. I thoroughly enjoy recapping my reading at the end of each year. And more. And my "favorites" list may well be different on a different day. But the above will serve, for now.

Thank you for reading this blog. Please keep reading. I'll do my best to make Year 6 better than those that have gone before.

(photo courtesy of everystockphoto.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment