Church of the Week: Queen of Peace, Millville, OH

I had the opportunity this past weekend to attend Mass at Queen of Peace Church in Millville, just a few miles from my home, with my brother-in-law.

The lovely Robin and I have passed this church (and school) countless times over the past 15 years or so, and yet I had never been inside the church, let alone attended worship there.

The sanctuary was nearly full for the 4:30 p.m. Saturday Mass. I hear that most Queen of Peace services are well attended. I liked the warmth and beauty of the worship space. The service was well-lit and well-amplified. A small choir (7 or 8 voices?) led the singing, accompanied by the organ.

Queen of Peace dates to 1941 as a parish church. The church seems to be very well-supported by its members (Father Jeff even thanked the congregation for their generous Christmas offerings!). The four-page weekly bulletin reflects a full schedule and a busy membership.

Queen of Peace is located at 2550 Millville Avenue just east of downtown metropolitan Millville, and a few miles west of Hamilton.

No comments:

Post a Comment