119 Project: Pt. 3

This week's 119 Project was Psalm 3 (the 119 Project is what I'm calling my three-year effort to memorize the book of Psalms, in their entirety (fifty psalms a year). As I continue to review Psalms 1 and 2, I have also now committed to memory Psalm 3. At least I think so. Here it is, typed from memory Psalm 2, from the New Living Translation:

O, Lord, I have so many enemies.
So many are against me.
So many are saying,
"God will never deliver him!"

But you, O Lord, are a shield around me.
You are my glory, the one who holds my head high.

I called out to the Lord,
and he answered me from his holy mountain.
I lay down and slept,
yet I woke up in safety,
for the Lord was watching over me.
I am not afraid of ten thousand enemies,
who surround me on every side.

Arise, O Lord;
rescue me, my God!
Slap all my enemies in the face.
Shatter the teeth of the wicked.
Victory comes from you, O Lord.
May you bless your people.

So how'd I do? Comparing it now to the printed text, other than the punctuation and stanza grouping (which I'm not sweating), I nailed it. Yea!

So that's three weeks and three psalms down, 147 to go. Though, of course, I figure the longer psalms will take several weeks to memorize, so maybe more than that. But I feel good about the start I've made!

No comments:

Post a Comment