Books I've Read More Than Once

I love to read, but generally speaking I don't read books more than once (unlike others in my family). I'm especially unlikely to re-read fiction, because if I know what's coming, I lose the thrill of discovery. However, over the years, there have been a number of books I have read more than once--some (indicated with an asterisk) more than twice. So I thought I'd take just a few minutes to list those books (not counting picture books, which I've read numerous times to my children and grandchildren--those may just be too numerous to list). I'm sure I've forgotten some, but the following are books I know I have read at least twice:

A Diary of Private Prayer (Baillie)*
A Midsummer Night's Dream (Shakespeare)*
All's Well That Ends Well (Shakespeare)
Ancient Prophets and Modern Problems (Brengle)*
Bird by Bird (Lamott)
Celebration of Discipline (Foster)
Guest of the Soul (Brengle)*
Hamlet (Shakespeare)*
Hand Me Another Brick (Swindoll)
Heart Talks on Holiness (Brengle)*
Helps to Holiness (Brengle)*
Henry V (Shakespeare)
Hinds' Feet on High Places (Hurnard)
In Shady Groves (Lehman)
Julius Caesar (Shakespeare)*
King Lear (Shakespeare)
Knowing God (Packer)*
Leadership Prayers (Kriegbaum)
Leap Over a Wall (Peterson)
Love's Labours Lost (Shakespeare)*
Love Slaves (Brengle)*
Macbeth (Shakespeare)
Mere Christianity (Lewis)*
Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare)*
My Side of the Mountain (George)*
My Utmost for His Highest (Chambers)*
On Writing Well (Zinsser)*
Othello (Shakespeare)
Pilgrim at Tinker Creek (Dillard)
Prayer (Foster)
Ragman and Other Cries of Faith (Wangerin)
Resurrection Life and Power (Brengle)*
Riders of the Purple Sage (Grey)
Robinson Crusoe (Defoe)
Romeo and Juliet (Shakespeare)*
Sit Walk Stand (Nee)*
Spiritual Leadership (Sanders)
The Call of the Wild (London)
The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life (Smith)
The Chronicles of Narnia, 7 vol. (Lewis)
The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh (Milne)
The Contemplative Pastor (Peterson)
The Divine Hours, 3 vol. (Tickle)*
The Elements of Style (Strunk/White)*
The Mouse and the Motorcycle (Cleary)
The Pilgrim's Progress (Bunyan)
The Pursuit of God (Tozer)*
The Screwtape Letters (Lewis)
The Soul-Winner's Secret (Brengle)*
The Taming of the Shrew (Shakespeare)*
The Tempest (Shakespeare)
The Way of Holiness (Brengle)*
The Way of the Heart (Nouwen)
The Way to Power and Poise (Jones)
The Writing Life (Dillard)
Twelfth Night (Shakespeare)*
Walden (Thoreau)
When the Holy Ghost is Come (Brengle)*
With Christ in the School of Prayer (Murray)*

No comments:

Post a Comment