Sunday Night Rejoicings

If you had told me five or ten years ago that I'd be worshiping each week with my son, daughter, daughter-in-law, and son-in-law, I would have considered it unlikely. At that time the lovely Robin and I were trying to accustom ourselves to the likelihood that our kids would probably be living in New York or Nashville, LA or Chicago, by the time they married and gave us grandchildren.

But this morning--a day like most others, except that I was feeling sick from some bug, so spent my time other than when I was preaching in the "green room" backstage, instead of greeting folks and so on before and after the celebrations, so as not to infect anyone else--I was led in worship by my son and daughter-in-law, while my son-in-law ran sound (that's his photo, above), and my daughter worshiped. And tonight, at The Third, it will be much the same, except with Aubrey probably helping with coffee preparation or child care (or both). Oh, and because my grandson Miles was also under the weather, this morning, the lovely Robin (who volunteers every other week in children's ministry) provided "Mimi-quality Childcare" at Aaron and Nina's for all three grandkids, to help facilitate her kids' ministry of the morning.

How blessed am I? That on such an otherwise crappy Sunday--our worship pastor heading to Texas for a funeral, our youth pastor sick, me sick, my grandson sick--to have my family all involved not only in the worship of the King, but in SERVICE to the King! Oh, my.

Then, to top it off, in spite of my resolve not to get close enough to others, in greeting or prayer counseling, etc., to be asked to talk to and pray with a first-time attender who prayed to receive salvation in Christ! It just doesn't get any better than that.

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment