25 Actions You Can Take Now to Boost Your Energy

Michael Hyatt recently posted on his blog (if you're not reading it yet, start reading it NOW....or after you finish reading this post), "44 Actions You Can Take Now to Boost Your Energy," in which he listed things that typically energize him. I'm nowhere near as smart as Hyatt, but I thought I'd take his cue and list the things that energize me (which, I think it's important to mention, are not necessarily the same as things I enjoy doing...though they can be), in the hope that between his list and mine, you might find a few ideas to run with. So here is my list (in no particular order), with thanks to Michael Hyatt:
  1. Take a brisk walk.
  2. Read something inspiring.
  3. Lose weight.
  4. Go to a used book sale.
  5. Get a good night's sleep.
  6. Organize something (closet, garage, drawer, etc.).
  7. Listen to 70's music (but not disco).
  8. See one of Shakespeare's plays.
  9. Do something surprisingly nice for someone.
  10. Worship.
  11. Spend time outside.
  12. Chop wood.
  13. Have a leisurely dinner with the wife.
  14. Cancel a meeting.
  15. Plan a vacation.
  16. Pray (especially prayers of thanks).
  17. Pay someone a compliment.
  18. Give something away.
  19. Take a shower.
  20. Get a massage.
  21. Get lost in a great story (book or movie).
  22. Clear your schedule.
  23. Do a little reading at Starbucks.
  24. Read a book to a kid.
  25. Browse through family photos.
Those are 25 things that work for me. What about you? Leave a comment below.

1 comment:

  1. Realized two more this morning. These things invariably lift my spirits and energize me:
    * greet people at church
    * pray with someone

    ReplyDelete