Church of the Week: The Salvation Army, Lancaster, PA

A couple weeks ago I visited The Salvation Army in Lancaster, PA, with my wife, the lovely Robin. Our friends, Captains Tim and Lisa Sheehan, are the corps officers (pastors) there, and they hosted us with immense generosity and hospitality.
We attended my nephew Philip's wedding on Saturday, officiated by my much older brother, Don. 
Sunday morning I was blessed to bring the message to the assembled saints and soldiers, speaking on the topic, "Falling in Love with God," from Hosea 3. The congregational singing was enthusiastic. The music, provided by a fourteen-piece band and Commissioner Nancy Moretz at the piano, was sensitive. The response to the message was wonderful. And it was a joy to worship with so many friends, old and new. 

The Salvation Army is located at 131 S. Queen Street in Lancaster, PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment