Ten Best Audiobooks of 2012

Twenty-two of the 127 books I read in 2012 were audiobooks, all but one of which I listened to on my iPhone (that one, Destiny of the Republic, was on a set of CDs borrowed from the library).

That's more seven more audiobooks than I read/listened to last year (often--not always--I will alternate reading between audio and hard copy, as I did with #1 and #3 below).

All but a couple were excellent, and ten stand out as the cream of the crop, both in the quality of the writing and the quality of the narration or dramatization:

1. Destiny of the Republic (Millard)

2. The Call of the Wild (London)

3. At Blackwater Pond (Oliver)*

4. Vanishing Act (Perry)

5. The Importance of Being Earnest (Wilde)

6. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Twain)

7. The Woman in White (Collins)

8. The Moonstone (Collins)

9. The End of the Affair (Greene)

10. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Doyle)

No comments:

Post a Comment