5 Good Reasons to Choose a REAL Book

I love books. I love reading. I didn't think I would quite take to the electronic publishing phenomenon when it first came around, for several reasons. I like the feel of a book in my hands. I like the smell of a book. I like the tactile and visual experience of reading an actual book.

But I've been surprised. I read a lot of ebooks, maybe 70-80% of my reading these days. One reason: I can take hundreds of ebooks along when I travel, and they weigh no more and take up no more space than a single book. Also, I can obtain an ebook almost instantly, which is a great help when researching and writing.

But still, there remain good reasons not to give up on traditional books. One of my favorite blogs, WiseBread, featured this article on "5 Reasons to Choose Traditional Books Over E-Books":
I love reading, and as a homeschooling family, there are usually between 12 and 15 books being consumed by our family members at any one time. While I am a huge proponent of technology, and I can appreciate the ease of carrying digital titles on my iPad for quick reading when I’m out and about, if given the choice, I’ll still pick the old-fashioned variety most every time. Here’s why...
Read the rest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment