The Word of Promise Audio Bible

Have you ever met a radio personality, someone whose voice was very familiar to you but whom you had never actually seen, and your first thought was, "You don't look ANYthing like I pictured you?"

Well, that's always been my problem with Biblical paintings, movies, and television--especially those that depict Jesus. They just don't look or sound....authentic. And, while I know this will sound a little snobbish, the problem has gotten worse since I've become a frequent visitor to the lands of the Bible.

Still, I had great, great hopes for The Word of Promise Audio New Testament, a multi-voiced, scripted dramatization of the New King James Version (NKJV) which features a star-studded cast of actors, an original music score, and incredible feature film quality sound effects. The cast Includes Jim Caviezel as the voice of Jesus, Stacy Keach (Paul), Lou Gossett, Jr. (John), and many others.

It was a hope mostly fulfilled.

I expected the familiarity of the voices to be a distraction; it wasn't. And, while some actors' performances definitely outshone others, the score and sound effects added consistently to the meaning and enjoyment. Ultimately, my only complaint--and then only occasionally--was the all-too-typical melodrama some of the actors added to the text.

If you've never listened to an audio version of the Bible, I recommend this version. It will bring the Word of God to life in a new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment