If God Is Good

Randy Alcorn's newest book, If God Is Good (Faith in the Midst of Suffering and Evil) is an important book. It is unique. It is persuasive. And it is transforming.

When I first held the book, I was not optimistic. Many fine books have been written on the problem of suffering and evil, and I've read many of them. I wasn't sure I wanted to read one more. And the fact that this one weighs in at 500 pages made me even less optimistic. But I couldn't have been more wrong.

I'll try not to gush. But this is a wonderful book. It is organized well. It is supremely readable. And it may be the most comprehensive treatment of the subject ever written. I have only two complaints: First, I'm afraid its length may intimidate many readers, and that is unfortunate, because everyone should read this book (I mean it, everyone). Second, for this reader at least, the book became more compelling with each section--which makes me worry that some readers' interest might flag in the first section or two, and that would be tragic, because everyone should read this book, all the way to the end.

So, while I wish there were a way to make this book look a little lighter, it would suffer from even the slightest reduction. It is that good.

Click here to view options for finding, ordering, and/or downloading If God Is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment