Church of the Week: The Prayer Corner at Christ Church, Cincinnati OH

On a guided tour following my Sunday worship at Christ Church Cathedral a couple weeks ago, I was delighted by the "prayer corner" our docent made sure we visited. It is tucked away, literally, in a corner, but is nonetheless inviting. The altar was relocated here when the main sanctuary was renovated, and the colorful gold-flecked Tiffany ceramic tiles surrounding it (just distinguishable, I hope, in the photo above) were rescued from the apse where they once filled the wall behind the altar. Beautifully lighted and lovingly maintained, I wished I could have spent a prayer session there. Maybe someday.


(Please feel free to share this post with others using the Twitter, Facebook, and other buttons below. You can also subscribe to this blog in your blog reader or enter your email address at top right to receive posts via email)

No comments:

Post a Comment