"Oh, Davey"

Kids, back in the day, before the Cartoon Network, before cable TV, when cartoons were only shown on Saturday mornings, there was a bright spot on the Sunday morning television screen, called Davey and Goliath, a stop-motion animated series produced by the Lutheran Church in America (now part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America). Each fifteen-minute episode taught the main characters (Davey and his dog, Goliath) a valuable lesson. Maybe only those who (like me) watched the show many Sunday mornings before leaving for church can appreciate this commercial, but it sure makes me smile:

2 comments:

  1. I love Davey & Goliath! I can remember lying on the floor, chin propped on my hands, watching the TV with my milk & cereal every Saturday. (This was Waaaaay back when console TVs were actual stylish pieces of furniture, not wall hangings.) Great times Bob--thanks for the memory jog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyn, we were never well off enough to have a console TV. That was for rich folk! We had a Sylvania black-and-white.

    ReplyDelete