Church of the Week: New Life Vineyard, Hamilton, OH

My wife, daughter, and all four grandchildren joined me yesterday for my preaching engagement at the New Life Vineyard Church on Princeton Pike in Hamilton, where we were warmly welcomed by the pastor, my friend Ken Ritz.

They had REAL DONUTS at the coffee bar, which means these people are SERIOUS about reaching people like me at the point of their need.

Singing was led by a highly capable band of seven or eight. The congregation joined in enthusiastically, and the friendly, relaxed atmosphere made us feel right at home (it didn't hurt that a number of dear friends showed up to worship with us). Our grandchildren spoke enthusiastically of what they learned in the children's ministry, and proudly showed us the takehome paper craft they created from the morning's lesson.

I spoke on the subject of my latest book, "Quit Going to Church," and they didn't throw me out. I took that as a positive sign.

It was a lovely Lord's Day morning in a vibrant church.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment