Church of the Week: Airport Chapel, Charlotte, NC

While traveling a couple weeks ago, I had a three-hour layover in Charlotte, NC, which was more than enough time to find a few moments of solitude and prayer in the airport chapel.

It is located on the mezzanine in the expansive atrium of the airport, central to all terminals. That doesn't mean it's easy to find, but it is listed in the directories posted throughout the airport.

Serendipitously, as I sat and prayed in the chapel, I could clearly hear the pianist playing my favorite hymn, Great Is Thy Faithfulness, on the grand piano in the atrium.

Like other airport chapels in this diverse nation, it is equipped to accommodate all faiths. And corporate worship is provided three times on Sundays:



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment