12 Places I've Preached

Somehow, over the years, I've preached more than 1,000 sermons in more than 100 churches, chapels, camps, etc. In addition to having spoken hundreds of times for Cobblestone Community Church both at Talawanda Middle School (2000-2008) and The Loft (2008-present), here are twelve of the other places I've preached, chosen more or less at random, and offered roughly in order (from least to most recent):

The Salvation Army School for Officers' Training, Suffern, New York

The Salvation Army's Time Square (NY) Corps, where I spoke as a cadet

Our first Salvation Army church, Lancaster, Ohio

Chamberlain Hall, at The Salvation Army's Camp Swoneky, near Lebanon, Ohio

The Salvation Army, Cincinnati Temple (now Center Hill) Corps

Historic Trinity Episcopal Church, Covington, Kentucky

The Salvation Army Montclair (NJ) Citadel, where I spoke occasionally when the lovely Robin and I were stationed at NHQ (though it didn't look like this back then, as they've recently dedicated a beautiful new corps building)

The Salvation Army, Clearwater, Florida, where I spoke the day the Bengals lost the Super Bowl in January 1988

The Salvation Army Youngstown Citadel, where the lovely Robin and I served in 1991 and 1992

Eaton, Ohio, Church of the Brethren; spoke there in July 2000

The Salvation Army's Torrance (CA) Corps, where I preached in 2006

Restoracion Church in Arequippa, Peru, where I was blessed to preach (with the translating expertise of my friend Don Latta) in May 2009.

There are many more, of course, from Portland to Providence to Brooklyn to Philadelphia to Cleveland to Royal Oak to Independence to Kansas City to Malibu. Each one a privilege, though I didn't always know it at the time, and a blessing to look back on.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure your ministry has taken you to some diverse places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here to speak with if you need to talk with someone.Apostle William E Dutcher.Baltimore,Md.

    ReplyDelete