Church of the Week: Prayer Room at the Cove, Asheville, NC

I passed it at least a dozen times before a friend pointed out to me that there was a prayer room on the second floor of the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, in Asheville, North Carolina.
I was there for the Writers Advance Boot Camp in February (a wonderful event which you should plan to attend next year), dashing between teaching sessions and critiquing and coaching appointments with writers, when she asked me if I had seen the prayer room.
It is a beautiful room, sensitively furnished and perfectly oriented, with a scenic view from the kneeling bench. What a wonderful setting for prayer--albeit open-eyed prayer, because who could close his or her eyes to pray when such a view is available?


No comments:

Post a Comment